How Scaffolding Is Changing Due to COVID-19
New guidance has been released to scaffolders with changes to working practices due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Information from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy covers all those working outdoors and managing outdoor working environments (such as scaffolding).
The intention is to give workers enough freedom within a practical framework to complete their work during the pandemic.
Network Scaffold has been extremely strict with our working practices since the Coronavirus swept across the country. We will always look to complete our work in the safest environment for all involved; whilst adhering to social distancing techniques.
Coronavirus Testing Available for Construction Workers
The UK government has revealed that millions of more people are now eligible for Coronavirus tests, including construction workers. At this stage, tests are only intended for those showing symptoms of the virus.
An expansion in testing has been made possible because of the introduction of home-testing kits. Mobile units are also been employed; staffed by the armed forces. Construction workers are able to book a test on the government’s test-booking website.
10 New Steps for Safety On-Site
Here are ten simple steps that have been introduced to help keep construction workers safe and able to do their jobs.
- Regular updates on actions being taken to reduce risks of exposure in the workplace
- Make sure all contact numbers and emergency contact details are fully up to date
- Ensure managers can spot symptoms of coronavirus and know the actions they need to take
- Operatives are wearing gloves when handling materials and equipment
- Wash stations are provided with hot water and soap
- Encourage all staff to wash their hands regularly
- Schedule break times to reduce the number of people together in canteens at one time
- Avoid using shared pens when signing in and out of sites
- Wash or sanitise hands after the use of biometric sign-in.
- Provide hand sanitiser and tissues for workers
Order Your Scaffolding from Network Scaffold Today
We understand that working practices are changing in these unprecedented times but if require scaffolding for your project please contact us today.
Network Scaffold provides scaffolding for customers across Derby, Nottingham and Staffordshire.