Who is Competent for Scaffold Inspections?
Scaffolding inspections are an integral part of ensuring the work being conducted is safe and adheres to industry standards.
Here at Network Scaffold, we understand the importance of ensuring the safety of our team, other workers and the general public (depending on the location of the site).
For our latest blog, we are going to talk about workers who can undertake scaffold inspections.
The Importance of Qualified Scaffolding Inspectors
Legislation states that anyone carrying out inspections must be competent, meaning the person must have the necessary training, knowledge and experience.
As a minimum, they should have one of the following qualifications –
1. A Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS) cardholder, provided their employer demonstrates necessary knowledge and experience.
2. A CISRS Advanced Scaffolder cardholder, again provided their employer demonstrates sufficient knowledge and experience.
3. A CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor cardholder, plus if the person also holds the Advanced Scaffolders card they are deemed competent to inspect advanced structures.
4. A person who has taken the Basic Scaffold Inspection Course, and can demonstrate the necessary knowledge and experience from the course.
5. A person who has taken the Advanced Scaffold Inspection Course, and again shows sufficient knowledge and experience gained from the course.
6. Persons required to carry out inspections of System Scaffolds must have their card endorsed with the product selected plus attending the basic scaffold inspection course and attend an approved product training course for the specific system scaffold required.
Speak to the Scaffold Specialists Today
If you require scaffolding for your next project, look no further than Network Scaffold; the leading provider in Derby and the surrounding areas.
Network Scaffold can also provide alloy towers, edge protection and access scaffolding for both domestic and commercial projects.
If you have any more questions about scaffolding, please contact us or visit our FAQ page to see if answers are already provided on this page.